Adkerson Hauder & Bezney is AV rated by Martindale-Hubbell and is listed among Best’s Directory of Recommended Insurance Attorneys. We have extensive experience representing clients in State and Federal trial and appellate courts and before the Texas Workers’ Compensation Commission. The Firm offers its clients experience in litigation and dispute resolution and through its success has won the trust of its clients.
We have obtained major victories for our clients …
- Recovery of a $3.8 million summary judgment for an excess carrier on a coverage issue involving a catastrophic loss. This summary judgment was recently affirmed by the Court of Appeals and the parties settled the matter for $4.15 Million;
- A defense verdict for a manufacturer and its distributor in a jury trial wherein the plaintiff sought damages in excess of $11 Million claiming a defect in the manufacturer’s product caused fire resulting in 3rd degree burns to over 37% of his body;
- A defense verdict for a national restaurant chain in a federal jury trial wherein the plaintiff sought damages of $15 Million on claims he suffered serious permanent injuries when a chandelier fell striking him on the head and neck;
- A summary judgment for a contractor on claims a defective fan which resulted in a homeowner’s electrocution. The estate of the deceased was seeking in excess of $5 Million in damages;
- A summary judgment on a premise liability claim;
- A defense verdict for a non subscriber restaurant chain in a jury trial in Johnson County on claims for food poisoning;
- A defense verdict after a six-week jury trial on claims for $6 Million in damages on premise and product liability claims;
- A defense verdict in a jury trial in Harris County on claims for $750,000 in damages for alleged violations of the Deceptive Trade practices Act and the Insurance Code;
- A defense verdict in a jury trial on negligence claims for toxic exposure;
- A summary judgment on a food poisoning claim;
- A defense verdict on negligence claims against a non subscriber;
- A defense verdict in a jury trial on soft-tissue injury claims involving a motor vehicle accident;
- Recovery of a judgment for fraud on claims involving wrongful procurement of insurance benefits;
- A favorable arbitration award of no liability in a death case involving allegations of a premise defect;
- A defense verdict in a trial on an old law workers’ compensation claim for closed head injuries.
- A favorable arbitration award for a non subscriber rejecting an employee’s claims of damages for permanent bodily injury, lifetime medical expenses, disfigurement and bad faith;
We have also obtained favorable settlements for our clients on matters involving a variety of claims for damages ranging from soft-tissue injuries to catastrophic losses.